Saturday, May 14, 2011

"The Enemy We Know," by Donna White Glaser


Letty is a fantastic character, a therapist struggling to keep her professional life professional and her personal life sober.

New to AA, Letty is on a path of regaining control of her addiction to alcohol, but a stalker aims to trip her up at every step. The strength of this character is that she relies on her humor to make the best of the situation, to get her through hard times. It's also a double-edged sword because it helps her deflect from the very real danger she is in.

Author Glaser kept me chuckling throughout, even out-right guffawing in parts. To be completely honest, I was hired to proofread this book, so any mechanical errors to be found are completely my fault. You see, the book was so compelling that I sometimes found myself not working, but racing through pages to see what happens next.

Great first book, and I absolutely cannot wait to read the next Letty Whittaker mystery! Visit Donna's website here and sign up to win a free copy of "The Enemy We Know."


5 stars

No comments: