Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Catching Fire," by Suzanne Collins


I'm glad I waited until this trilogy was all published before I started reading it because I think I'd go crazy waiting for each next book.

With the Capitol still pulling strings, Katniss and Peeta were forced to enter the arena again for the Quell. This time there's a stronger background of not just underlying fury with the Capitol, but full-out riots and uprising. And Katniss is the districts' symbol of resistance, of hope. Whether she likes it or not.

I so love the character of Peeta. He's earnest, honest, warm, loving. I want Katniss to love him back, and I'm afraid of Gale--also a great character--ruining their relationship.

Tomorrow I start the final book in the trilogy. I anticipate war against the Capitol, lots of bloodshed, and at least one broken heart.

5 stars

No comments: