Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Beastly," by Alex Flinn


I thought it would be fun to read the book before seeing the movie "Beastly." Major difference, though, is that in the book, Kyle is literally turned into a beast. Hair covering his whole body, clawed hands, long snout. But he walked upright and talked like a human. From everything I've seen of the movie trailer, the curse just turns him into a tattooed version of Powder. (Yup, I just rocked a 1995 reference. Old school.)

Also, Lindy, the girl Kyle, who renames himself Adrian, falls for, is supposed to be very plain looking, with crooked teeth. Of course, not the movie version.

This was just an okay book. Entertaining, sure, but not likely to stay with me or to be something I'd recommend. I found it irritating that the more Adrian changed to a better person, the more he talked like a proper gentleman in British novels.

Meh.

3 stars

No comments: